Friday Fun Facts About Life
Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Three things stressed in the Declaration of Independence.
Here are a few facts you might not know about our lives and your life.
Fun Facts About Life
- Life expectancy has increased more in the past 50 years than in the previous 200,000 years of human existence.
- There are almost 7 billion people on the planet but there are more forms of life living on your body right now than there are people on Earth.
- You will yawn about 200,000 times in your life unless you are listening to political speeches then it’s a lot more.
- The average US citizen will consume about 35 tons of food in their lifetime. Ten if you take out Thanksgiving and holiday cookouts. OK maybe not.
- Your skin will completely replace itself around 900 times over the course of your life. Unfortunately you’ll still look dorky.
- You will produce enough saliva during your life to fill two swimming pools. About 25,000 quarts. Lifeguard wanted?
- The average person will spend about 3 months sitting on the toilet. Six months if you have a Playboy subscription.
- Walk a mile in my shoes? You will take 183,755,600 steps in your lifetime. I tried to get that as accurate as I could.
- If you are an average man you will spend about one full year of your life just looking at women.
- Talk about minimum wage. Eighty percent of the world’s population lives on less than $10 a day.
- You will spend over 5 months of your entire life talking on your phone. I don’t think that includes texting.
- We humans are more satisfied with a consistent amount of minor accomplishments than we are with a few major accomplishments.
- Isolation shortens our life span. Those with many friends will live about 3.7 years longer than those who isolate themselves.
- Sitting for more than three hours each day can reduce your life expectancy by two years. Get up and move now and then.
- Why do women live longer than men? Their immune systems age more slowly.
- Men will spend six months of their life shaving until retirement then all bets are off.
- Joggers will live about six years longer than non-joggers. I really, really hate that.
Some Final Thoughts
Maybe I’ll have to rethink my jogging regimen that is nonexistent right now. But hey, life is great and I’m enjoying it as much as I can for as long as it lasts.
Are you making any life changes?