Friday Fun Facts About Science
Science is one of those things that can go either way. It can be both proof and speculation. Much of science is theory such as Einstein’s Theory of Relativity and much is fact. Gravity is a fact.
Here is some scientific stuff you probably didn’t know but will shortly.
Fun Facts About Science
- Scientists are kept pretty busy because 41 new species are discovered every single day.
- Technically scientists have only been around since 1833 when the word was first used.
- Which came first, the chicken or the egg has finally been answered. It seems there is a protein needed to produce eggshells, which can only be produced by hens.
- Next time you get that ice cream brain freeze you are experiencing the scientific term “Sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia.”
- Have you ever read a scientific paper? If so, you are one of the average number of readers said to be 0.6.
- How do scientists turn dangerous venom into painkillers that are safe to use? They use a process called “toxineering.”
- Scientists claim they have developed a way to charge your phone with urine. I think I’ll keep the two separate until I have more info.
- I just gave the wife a jar of peanut butter because scientists claim they can make diamonds out of it. She was not as excited as I had hoped.
- At last, a way out if global warming gets out of control. Scientists have created an injectable microparticle filled with oxygen so we can live without breathing.
- In the too much time on their hands department, four Japanese scientists have determined that the amount of friction between your shoe and a banana peel and the floor is 0.07. All this time I thought it was 0.08.
- A 507-year-old mollusk was the oldest known creature until scientists accidentally killed it. Too bad it wasn’t a twin.
- A lightning bolt is five times hotter than the surface of the sun.
- Scientists say that your hair will grow faster if you add salmon to your diet.
- Your brain will react to that beer you drink in about six minutes.
- If you need some vitamin B12 just go stand in the rain.
- If you need to clean up radioactive waste just use sunflowers.
- Get a piece of paper and fold it 50 times. If you could do that the thickness would be greater than the distance to the sun.
Some Final Thoughts
Science can be fun, interesting and frustrating all at the same time. Such things as being able to start a fire with ice is just one of those interesting things.
I have to go and find out how bees can be trained to detect bombs. Who knew?