Friday Fun Facts About Burning Calories
Calories. Those nasty little things that God invented to make our lives a living nightmare at dinnertime are called — not torture — but calories.
We all know we should eat better. And doing that would be so much easier if broccoli tasted more like doughnuts and vice versa.
But no, we have to try to eat a balanced diet filled with really good body building stuff that tastes like an old sweat sock.
All is not lost. Here are some ways you can burn those extra calories doing everyday stuff.
Calorie Burning Facts
- Do you sing in the shower? You can burn 10-20 calories per song depending on how loud you sing and your level of pitch.
- On hour in front of the TV doing nothing will burn about 65 calories.
- Do you enjoy mindless sitcoms? You can burn 20-40 calories for each 10 minutes you spend laughing.
- Hugging for an hour can burn up to 70 calories.
- A one-minute kiss will burn 2 to 4 calories depending on how passionate it is. Which might lead us to the next fact.
- Thirty minutes of sex will burn a hefty 200 calories. Anyone up for an hour?
- With Trump as president, liberals can burn up to 150 calories per hour banging their heads against the wall.
- You can burn 10 calories for every 3 minutes you spend brushing your teeth.
- Pushing a shopping cart around the store for half and hour will take 100 calories off your swelling frame. Even more as the cart gets heavier with groceries or other merchandise. Chocolate is heavy I’d go for that.
- You will burn more calories eating the celery than there are calories in the celery.
- You’ll burn about 7 percent more calories walking on dirt than you will on a sidewalk, or pavement.
- An easy way to burn 100 calories is to take the dog for a 30-minute walk.
- Chewing a stick of gum will burn off 11 calories per hour.
Some Final Thoughts
As you can see giving up pizza and a nice cold beer are totally unnecessary if you just up some of your regular activities you’re home free.
I feel much better — how about you? Comments below