Friday 13th Fun Facts And Puns
Well here it is Friday the 13th once again. That unlucky day where terrible things might be planned for us all. Thankfully it’s the last one for this year so here are some facts and really bad jokes about this fateful day.
Friday 13 Facts and Puns
- What do you get when you cross Jason Voorhees and a box of Cheerios? A cereal killer.
- In numerology, the number twelve is considered the number of completeness, reflected in the twelve months of the year, twelve hours of the clock, twelve gods of Olympus, twelve tribes of Israel, twelve Apostles of Jesus, and twelve signs of the Zodiac, while the number thirteen is considered irregular, transgressing this completeness.
- What do Italian's eat on Friday the 13th? Fettuccini Afraid-o
- Friggatriskaidekaphobia is the scientific term for the fear of Friday the 13th. (Frigga being the name of the Norse goddess for whom "Friday" is named)
- What do evil spirits sing on Friday the 13th? "Voorhees a jolly good fellow. Voorhees a jolly good fellow."
- According to Smithsonian Magazine "fear of the #13 costs America a billion dollars per year in absenteeism, train and plane cancellations, and reduced commerce on the 13th of the month."
- Any month that begins on a Sunday will have a Friday the 13th.
- The gallows has 13 steps, 13 knots in the hangman’s noose, the guillotine blade falls 13 feet.
- Lizzy Borden said only 13 words during her trail.
- E Pluribus Unum has 13 letters.
- The US Seal has 13 stars, bars, and feathers in the eagle's tail, 13 bars in one claw, 13 olive branches in the other.
- On the USA Dollar Bill, there are 13 steps on the pyramid, 13 bars on the shield, and 13 leaves on the olive branch.
- Taylor Swift was born on Dec 13th, her lucky number's 13, she turned 13 on a Friday the 13th, and she turned 24 on Friday December 13, 2013.
- Apollo 13, 1970, the 13th mission launched from pad #39 (13 x 3), mission was aborted, after an explosion occurred in the fuel cell of their service module. The rocket had left launching pad at 13:13 CST and the date was April 13th. (Source:)
Some Final Thoughts
If you play Friday the 13th movies backwards Jason brings people back to life with his magic machete. But, as we all know, Jason gets killed in every Friday the 13th movie.
The driver of Princess Diana’s limo hit pillar #13 at Place de l'Alma when she was killed in Paris, France.
How lucky will you be today? Comments below.