2022 Sweet Pea Festival Run: Everything You Need to Know
It's one of the distinctly 'Bozeman' events of the year - The Sweet Pea Run, which has both a 5k and 10k option on Saturday, August 6th. Course maps, times, registration information is all here.
The Sweet Pea Run is put on by the Big Sky Wind Drinkers, a fantastic local running club that not only organizes races throughout the year, but gives back to the community on a regular basis. Your registration fee helps support these efforts.
- WHAT: Sweet Pea 5k & 10k Run 2022.
- WHEN: Saturday, August 6th, 2022.
- WHERE: Both races start and finish on Main Street in downtown Bozeman, with different start times and obviously different length courses.
- TIMES: 5k race starts at 7:25am, the 10k race starts at 7:15am.
- REGISTER IN ADVANCE, ONLINE HERE FOR THE SWEET PEA RUN.
- COST TO REGISTER: $17 until August 3rd, then price goes up (Price increases to $22).
- T-SHIRTS: To keep entry costs low, race t-shirts are available for purchase separately from the actual entry fee.
This is a family friendly event and is the biggest fundraiser of the year for the Big Sky Wind Drinkers. It's a fun race with a pretty course, and it seems like the entire town of Bozeman likes to watch and support the runners and walkers.
The 5K starts at 7:25 a.m. It meanders down the linear trail by Bozeman Creek, the community gardens and climbing rock and finishes down historic Willson Ave. to Main Street for a flat and fast finish. A nice mix of road and trail with a start and finish on Main Street. There is one aid station. The 10K starts at 7:15 a.m. It winds east and south of town. It begins with a long hill climb of over 1 mile in length with views of the Bridger and Madison mountains. There will be one more slight uphill as you head towards the MSU campus. The last mile merges with the 5K on Willson Ave. to the flat and fast finish on Main Street. There are 2 aid stations. We are moving towards cupless. Please bring reusable water bottle or cup to fill if possible.
IMPORTANT: No dogs are allowed at this race, and if you'll be jogging with a stroller please start towards the back of the lineup to avoid collisions and to give everyone enough space. (There IS an opportunity for you to have your dog in the Sweet Pea Parade, FYI. That's new this year!)
- PICK-UP: Bibs, shirts, and pre-ordered Sweet Pea Festival wristbands will be available to pick up from Thursday, August 4th through Friday, August 5th from 10:00 a.m. to 5:45 p.m at the First Security Bank, 670 South 19th Avenue location
- There will be no packet pick-up on Wednesday, August 3rd this year (you had been able to pick them up that early in years past)
- "Race day packet pick-up is available in the start area on the corner of Main Street and Bozeman Ave from 6 a.m. – 6:45 a.m. preferably for participants from out of town.
The Sweet Pea Run gives free entries to groups like the Cancer Support Montana and is the Big Sky Wind Drinker's biggest fundraiser. Money is used to give out scholarships to local high school athletes, supports BSWD community fun runs, and offers financial support for THRIVE's Girls on The Run and RRCA's Kid's Run the nation programs.