Friday Fun Facts on Everything
There are a lot of fun facts and I guess in all honesty totally useless facts out there. We all like to be able to throw out a fact or two in polite conversation just to let people know we are more intellectual than a common houseplant.
So in an effort to make you appear much smarter than you are here are some tidbits to confirm that your SAT’s were not just lip service.
Fun Facts You Must Know
- You can try as hard as you like but a normal sized piece of paper can’t be folded more than seven times.
- If I remember correctly, Blueberry Juice is supposed to boost memory.
- Speaking of memory, not only do elephants have a great memory but they are also the only animals with four knees.
- Is your cat happy? If he or she is, a sure sign is squeezing their eyes shut.
- Every one of us spent about half an hour as a single cell. Then it was all downhill from there.
- There are about 500,000 earthquakes each year around the world. 100,000 can usually be felt but only about 100 cause actual damage.
- The tongue is the only muscle in the body that is attached on one end only. I know what you’re thinking guys, no, that’s not a muscle. I know we like to think it is but…
- What the heck did I dream last night? Oh well, humans forget 90% of their dreams so I guess I’m in good company.
- When we’re thinking we only use about 35% of our brains. Politicians even less.
- Amazing but true. Humans began dreaming in color more often after the introduction and popularity of color TV.
- That first kiss can go much more smoothly when you know that two-thirds of these passionate duos tilt their head to the right when they kiss.
- Ancient Chinese Cure for headache? Swing your arms. I guess because it increases blood flow and endorphins to the troubled area.
- Starbucks is on to something. Coffee drinkers have more sex than non-coffee drinkers. Extra perk? They enjoy it more too. Double Mocha Grande anyone?
- Heads for Portland, Oregon, tails for Boston, Oregon. It was heads in the famous coin toss of 1844 to name the city.
- Can you recommend a good babysitter? A queen bee lays 1,500 eggs a day.
- Talk about sibling rivalry. No President of the US has been an only child. Which kid do you think their parents like best?
- It’s a proven fact that laughter will help you lose weight. Jenny Craig is laughing all the way to the bank.
Some Final Thoughts
Just think how intelligent you’ll sound around the water cooler this morning? Those guys on “The Big Bang Theory” will have nothing on you.