WIND ALERT: 60 MPH Gusts for Browning, Cut Bank
Very gusty winds up to 60 MPH are in store for areas of northwestern Montana through Wednesday morning.
Use extra caution when traveling though these areas this week. Affected areas of this particular Wind Advisory are: Cut Bank, the Blackfeet Indian Reservation, Browning, Heart Butte and Choteau. Gusty winds will affect the area from Tuesday evening through Wednesday morning.
There's a great website to check real-time Montana wind speeds: USAirNet.com
According to the National Weather Service:
- HIGH WIND WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY EVENING THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING, January 6th, 2021.
- WHAT...Southwest winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 60 mph possible during this time period.
- WHERE...Southern Rocky Mountain Front in Montana and the Northern Rocky Mountain Front in Montana. Cut Bank, the Blackfeet Indian Reservation, Browning, Heart Butte and Choteau are included.
- WHEN...From Tuesday evening through Wednesday morning (January 6th, 2021)
- IMPACTS OF THIS WIND ADVISORY...It is possible that gusty winds may blow down limbs, trees, and power lines.
- Travel may become difficult at times, especially for high profile vehicles and any vehicles that are towing.
- Areas of blowing and drifting snow could reduce visibility at times.
- PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Keep track of the latest forecasts and weather warnings for updates on this situation. (Real-time wind speeds for Montana can be checked here...)
- Tie down or put away any loose objects on your lawn, porch and property prior to the onset of these gusty winds.
As always, make sure you have an emergency kit in your vehicle at all times. Cell service can be spotty in rural areas.