One year has passed since Deputy Attorney General, Rod Rosenstein, appointed Robert Mueller, a former Director of the FBI, to serve as Special Counsel for the United States Department of Justice (DOJ) in May 2017.

Mueller’s job was to examine any possible Russian interference in the 2016 election between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.

The investigation would include the exploring of any links or coordination between the Trump campaign and the Russian government and “any matter that arose or may arise directly from the investigation,” and any other matters within the scope of 28 CFR 600.4 — Jurisdiction.

I think it’s interesting that someone found 28 CFR 600.4 and decided that would cover Russians meddling in US elections. My tax dollars are well at work.

After reading this law there’s a strong possibility that Donald Trump could also be investigated for the Kennedy Assassination along with starting the Civil War.

But that’s not our purpose here today. You want to know how the Russians did it — if they did it.

How The Russians Did It

If I were a Russian in charge of this operation the first order of business is to decide who I want as the US president.

No matter what your party affiliation is it’s very clear that American’s had two really bad choices.

In fact, why even bother with this operation since either candidate is more than capable of screwing up America as well as the rest of the world at the same time.

As it turned out, on the day of the election Hillary Clinton had a 95 percent chance of winning the presidency. By midnight Eastern Time on election night it was clear her chances dropped to 5 percent.

American media was apoplectic at this startling turn of events. What happened?

Here’s what the Russians did:

You have to admit their tactics are very skillful. It seems really simple when you break it all down.

  • Somehow, they found the exact counties to target in traditionally Democrat states that professional campaign managers and political pundits could not. How else could a Republican win Pennsylvania and Michigan — even Wisconsin?
  • Somehow, they came up with the exact political Facebook ads that would turn Democrat voters and independents into Republican voters in these same states.
  • Somehow, they got 3 million more voters to vote for Hillary in places where it didn’t matter. She would have won those states anyway they could have stayed home, and nothing would have changed.
  • Somehow, they kept the voters they didn’t want home and sent those they did want to wait hours at the polling place. Even extending voting hours didn’t seem to hurt them.

As you can easily see these Russians are not to be trifled with when it comes to getting their candidate of choice elected.

Some Final Thoughts

I don’t think the Russians fixed the election for Trump. However, if you happen to be liberal nothing else makes sense.

No one in his or her right mind would vote for Trump — or would they?

I think the Russians just wanted to cause a little disruption and uncertainty in our election process. I doubt that the Russians care very much about whom was elected — they just wanted to sow some discomfort in the honesty of our voting process.

That I think they accomplished. I doubt Mueller will find any evidence that somehow the Russians are better at electing our president than our own political experts.

If that’s the case, then you better consider Boris and Natashia for your next campaign instead of Moose and Squirrel. Comments below

More From KMMS-KPRK 1450 AM