Friday Fun Facts About Facts
I haven’t done a Friday Fun Facts in a while but with all the political upheaval going on around our nation I thought it might be time to just relax and ponder some info you really don’t need.
So here are some facts that will really impress your friends at the water cooler on Monday morning.
Friday Fun Facts
- According to a study from the University of Iowa, playing brain-teasing games for just two hours a week may help slow the degree of mental decay.(Source)
- A San Francisco Highway Patrol Officer, called Kevin Briggs, has talked around 200 people out of suicide on the Golden Gate Bridge since 1994. (Source)
- There is a 51% chance that a flipped coin will land on the side that was facing up when it was flipped. (Source)
- Make sure your boss sees this one: Sleeping on the job is acceptable in Japan, as it is seen as exhaustion from working too hard. (Source)
- According to the Vatican, Catholics can reduce their time in purgatory by following the Pope on Twitter. (Source)
- The Mosque of Paris helped Jews escape the Nazis by giving them Muslim IDs during WWII. (Source)
Some Final Thoughts
History and science all come together in our daily lives. There are facts that make us shake our heads, smack our foreheads, smile or frown.
But in this time of so-called “fake news” it’s always nice to find a few verifiable facts out there. What’s your favorite fact and source?