On Sunday, October 3, a grease fire broke out in the kitchen of the Center Ice Cafe in Belgrade. As a result of the damage caused by the fire, the restaurant was forced to close.

Rhonda Gilbert owns the Center Ice Cafe and plans to reopen the restaurant. In a recent update, Gilbert said it could be 2-3 months before the Center Ice Cafe is back open. New equipment has been ordered to replace what was damaged in the fire. The Center Ice Cafe will be remodelled over the next few months, and Gilberts says a re-opening party will be planned when the time comes. She wants to thank the community for their overwhelming support during this time.

The fire at the Center Ice Cafe has left the Gilbert family devastated. The restaurant is the only source of income for the family and the fire follows the loss of Rhonda's husband, Brant, who recently passed away after a long battle with cancer.

The Gilbert family is a staple in the Belgrade community. The family has done a lot to help those less fortunate, including offering meals during the holidays. Gilbert also runs a small rescue mission for many animals.

A fundraiser was set up after the fire and has already surpassed the $10,000 goal. However, Gilbert says the costs to repair the Center Ice Cafe far exceed that amount. If you are able to help, click here.

Montana Winter Emergency Travel Kit

How To Safely Drive During The Winter In Montana

More From KMMS-KPRK 1450 AM