16″ Possible by Wednesday Night in SW Montana
Another round of heavy snow and gusty winds are expected across southwest Montana this week with several inches expected in the valley and well over a foot in the mountains.
According to the National Weather Service:
WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM TUESDAY TO MIDNIGHT WEDNESDAY NIGHT.
- WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 10 inches at lower elevations, up to 16 inches in the mountains.
- Winds gusting as high as 35 mph.
- WHERE...Madison and Gallatin.
- WHEN...From 6 PM Tuesday to midnight MDT Wednesday night.
- Travel could be very difficult to impossible.
- Areas of blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility.
- The cold wind chills as low as 20 below zero could cause frostbite on exposed skin in as little as 30 minutes.
- If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
- The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.