Friday Fun Facts About Fun Facts
Usually I do Friday Fun Facts with a particular topic in mind. This week I thought I’d just do a plethora of facts about all sorts of things. So here are some really interesting things you can tell your co-workers about during your breaks.
Fun Facts About Everything
- According to a University of Hawaii study shorter men live longer lives than taller ones. I hope that’s wrong.
- There is only one animal whose evidence is admissible in court — the bloodhound.
- While all the dinosaurs died out millions of years ago, the wooly Mammoth was still roaming the earth while the Pyramids were being built.
- Your original kidneys are left in place after a kidney transplant unless they are causing some other medical problem. The additional kidney is placed in the pelvis area.
- There are more pets in Japan than there are children.
- Your “Big Mac” could contain meat from up to 100 different cows. Talk about bang for your buck.
- Bet you didn’t know McDonald’s original menu item was hot dogs before moving to burgers.
- Twins usually follow each other in quick secession at birth. The longest time span between the births of a set of twins was 87 days.
- If you go to Google and enter the phrase “do a barrel roll” the entire page will rotate.
- If you search for the word “tilt” in Google the page will tilt slightly to the right.
- Mickey Mouse has to wear gloves. Otherwise you would not be able to see his hands in front of his body.
- Emma Stone wanted to be an actor. To convince her parents to support her she had them watch a PowerPoint presentation she’d prepared.
- Did you know that only one national monument in the world is mobile? That would be the cable cars in San Francisco.
- The band Aerosmith has made more money from the video game “Guitar Hero” than from their record sales.
- People who know this kind of stuff claim you will burn more calories walking on “hard dirt” than you will burn walking on pavement.
- “Rum and Diet Coke please.” A study at Northern Kentucky University shows that alcohol intoxicates faster when mixed with diet cola rather than regular cola. Now that’s a party school.
- “Airport Pizza” in Alaska delivers its $30 pizzas by plane any time of year for free. There might just be a delivery charge hidden in there somewhere. Wonder when they will go to drones?
- Only Texas residents are allowed to vote from space.
- According to Harvard Professor Michael Norton money can buy happiness as long as you are spending it on other people. So send your happiness builders to Tom c/o Kmms Radio.
Some Final Thoughts
Here’s a fun fact. It’s Friday, your weekend is hopefully starting and it should be nice out. So have fun and go make some facts of your own. If you have fun facts about a topic send them to me at email@example.com.