Friday Fun Facts About Canada
Canada is America’s largest trading partner. We get the bulk of our imported oil from our Canadian neighbors.
Here are some other fun facts you probably didn’t know about our neighbors to the north.
Fun Facts About Canada
- The largest country in the world is Russia followed by number two Canada.
- Canadians are no dummies. Over half of Canadians have college degrees.
- Say what?? While prostitution is legal in Canada it’s illegal to buy the services of a prostitute.
- Canada’s lowest recorded temperature was a balmy -81.4 degrees way back in 1947.
- Canadians love their Mac & Cheese. They consume more of it than any other nation.
- Attacks from polar bears are so common in Churchill, Canada residents leave their cars unlocked so anyone passing by can jump inside if necessary.
- Canada leads the world in the number of lakes. In fact it has more lakes than all the lakes in the rest of the world combined.
- An American pilot accidently bombed a Canadian training exercise causing the first Canadian casualties of the Afghanistan war.
- Polar bear shaped license plates adorn automobiles in the Northern Territories of Canada.
- A Canadian man rescued a newborn baby from a dumpster in 2010 only to discover later that he was the child’s father. Small world or poor choice of partners?
- Canada has more coastline than any other country on earth.
- You can play hockey on the frozen Atlantic Ocean that sometimes freezes in Newfoundland.
- The postal code for North Pole, Canada is “HOH OHO.” Santa gets over one million letters with that address each year.
- Yonge Street in Canada is 1,178 miles long and is the longest street in the world.
- It just seems wrong that Canadians own The Mall of America.
- The US and Canada share the longest international border in the world and there is no military defense on either side.
- Canada declared war on Japan before the US did following the attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941.
Some Final Thoughts
You might also be surprised to know that there are parts of Canada that have less gravity than the rest of the earth.
America lost both times they invaded Canada in 1775 and again in 1812. Good thing they are our allies. Since we are 0-2 against them.