Completely Useless Friday Fun Facts
Think of all the useless facts you know. Is it really important that you know when “The War of 1812” was fought?
Or that “In 14 hundred 92 Columbus sailed the ocean blue?” Did you ever see that on an employment test?
Here are a few totally useless facts to add to your knowledge coffers.
Totally Useless Facts
- The Japanese spend over half their waking hours watching TV. A full ten hours on average.
- Live long and prosper. The Brimstone Butterfly lives 9-10 months. The longest lifespan of any other species of butterflies — then they get a gold watch and Medicare.
- I hope there is someone for everyone. If a female ferret goes into heat without finding a mate — it will die. Any volunteers??
- It’s a fact, Jack! A full moon is nine times brighter than a half moon. Duhhhh.
- If you’re an average human, you will lose about 200 head hairs per day. In ten years you’ll have enough for a dog sweater.
- If you’re a dart fan you’ll want to know that dartboards are made out of horsehair. No animals were harmed in the writing of this blog.
- Keep a close watch on that wristband because two newborns are given to the wrong parents every day. That must be an interesting return line.
- We love our sports. Which is why we buy more Frisbees, than footballs, baseballs, and basketballs combined.
- Alias Smith and Jones? China has a population of more than a billion people yet they only have about 200 family names. Their DMV must be a nightmare.
- Jesus should have gone here. There may have been on room at the inn but you won’t have that problem at Buckingham Palace. Six hundred two rooms — no waiting.
- Everyone’s heard of the Titanic but probably not her sister ship, the Olympic. It sailed iceberg free for twenty-five years.
- This is handy when watching the news. You can burn 150 calories each hour banging your head against a wall.
- Starfish have no brains. Next week we’ll examine congress.
- Why do baseball games in Greece start so late? It could be their 158-verse national anthem.
- Amaze your friends. When friends ask, “Why do our extremities develop faster than the rest of us,” you’ll have the answer — Cephalacaudal Recapitulation.
- More people speak English in China then speak it in the United States.
Some Final Thoughts
Don’t you feel about 100 times smarter? No need to thank me. Monday morning you can hit the office knowing that you are well ahead of your peers in the amount of totally useless facts at your disposal.