Want to Serve on Belgrade City Council? There’s an Opening
If you are a resident of Belgrade's Ward 2, and you are not a convicted felon, you could be the next member of the Belgrade City Council.
The City of Belgrade is seeking a qualified individual to serve the remainder of the term for one council member representing Belgrade Ward 2. The person appointed to fill this vacancy will serve until the expiration of the original term of office, December 31, 2019.
Applications are being accepted until Monday, November 5 at 5 p.m.
The position was previously held by Mark Criner, who resigned from the council due to moving out of the area for employment.
According to City Clerk Sue Caldwell, The Belgrade City Council will interview candidates and vote on their appointment.
Here is a list of qualifications needed in order to be considered:
- A qualified voter of the City of Belgrade and a citizen of the United States
- Must have held residency in Ward 2 for a minimum of 60 days before appointment. View the Ward 2 map.
- Must meet the qualifications prescribed by law or by ordinance adopted by the Belgrade City Council
- Must not have been convicted of a felony that involves moral turpitude
- Upon appointment, must take the oath of office prescribed in Article III, section 3, of the Montana constitution
A special meeting will be scheduled by the council for the specific purpose of appointing a new member before Nov 14th.
As soon as this date is confirmed, a public notice will be put on the City of Belgrade website.
Interested candidates need to complete the application for appointment, or contact Sue Caldwell, City Clerk, 91 E. Central Ave, Belgrade MT 59714 (406) 388-3760 firstname.lastname@example.org.