Reviews of This Charming Whitefish Hotel are Raving: Best in Montana?
When you search for strictly 5 star reviews of Montana hotels, you don't get many perfect scores and the list doesn't include all the well known resorts. In fact, the smaller and lesser known establishments get the best reviews...and you can tell that they're genuine.
A little place called The Garden Wall Inn in Whitefish made the top of the Montana list on Trip Advisor for the most '5 bubble' reviews. The folks who have stayed there absolutely love it and gush about the hospitality.
The award-winning Garden Wall Inn has been catering to discerning travelers since 1987. The impeccably restored 1920’s inn offers five luxurious guestrooms, each furnished with period antiques. Scrumptious three-course breakfasts are prepared by chef/owners Rhonda Fitzgerald and Chris Schustrom. (per the Garden Wall Inn's page on Trip Advisor)
For complete transparency, I have never been to, or stayed at The Garden Wall Inn. We simply wanted to find the highest reviewed hotels across the state with zero personal input/opinion required. It was a pleasant surprise to see several hotels that I had no personal experience with.
The Garden Wall Inn is a B&B style establishment very close to downtown Whitefish. According to their site, the bus that runs to Whitefish Mountain Resort stops very nearby in the winter.
"Named for the sheer cliffs that form the Continental Divide in Glacier National Park, The Garden Wall Inn provides the quality and privacy of a small luxury hotel...Whitefish’s finest, the Garden Wall Inn has been a chef-owned and operated luxury inn catering to discerning travelers for over three decades."
The home-like B&B hangs it's hat on period décor, exceptional food, cleanliness and location. There seems to be a lot to like about this place, judging by the guest reviews:
- "Serene, peaceful, and ultra clean. Chris is the real deal. The consummate host. Always attentive, never over bearing. Service way beyond expectations. And the food, did I mention the food? Wow! Rhonda and Chris are chefs..."
- "The sheets and décor so on point with the house architecture. Every night our rooms were prepared for the evening with turn down service, blinds/curtains drawn for privacy, and yummy local chocolates on our pillow."
- "Everything was absolutely perfect... the location, the room, the food, the service, the cleanliness the outdoor spaces and the valuable local knowledge that Chris provided."
- "The breakfasts that they serve are absolutely amazing. Prepared with such care and artistry and using locally sourced ingredients."
- "...from the fresh rose in the room, to the first coffee served in the room on a silver platter, not to mention the blanket left on our chair for breakfast on the porch on a chilly morning or the handwritten note "Sweet Dreams" with the chocolates on our pillow."
- "I can't say enough about how truly exceptional the experience is at The Garden Wall Inn. Upon check in Chris gives you a lovely pen, and in your room are refillable water bottles for you stay. There is no detail left unaddressed."