MMIW: Indian Affairs Deputy on Montana Talks
Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women (MMIW) has been one of the top stories here in Montana over the past year. It's a concern shared by lawmakers on both sides of the aisle: why are so many women in our Native American reservation communities getting murdered or going missing? And what can be done to stop it?
It's not just Montana lawmakers focusing on the issue. The Trump Administration is also doubling down at the national level.
Coming up on Monday's Montana Talks statewide radio talk show with Aaron Flint- we'll be joined by Tara Sweeney, Assistant Secretary for Indian Affairs. Sweeney is leading the Department of Interior's "Reclaiming Our Native Communities" effort.
Tune in to one of the 24 radio signals carrying Montana Talks across the state between 9 and 10 AM, or listen live at MontanaTalks.com
- Billings: Newstalk 95.5 and 95.1 FM, 970 AM KBUL
- Bozeman: 1450 AM KMMS
- Livingston: 1340 AM KPRK
- Missoula: 930 AM and 99.7 FM KMPT
- Kalispell: 880 AM and 107.9 FM KJJR
- Glendive: 1400 AM KXGN and 103.1 FM
- Forsyth: 1250 AM KIKC and 94.5 FM
- Lewistown: 1230 AM KXLO and 106.9 FM
- Wolf Point: 92.7 FM KVCK
- Fort Peck: 107.1 FM KVCK Translator
- Shelby: 1150 AM KSEN
- Great Falls: 102.7 FM KINX
- Helena: 95.9 FM KCAP
- Butte: 1370 AM and 94.7 FM KXTL
- Scobey: 95.7 FM KCGM
- Malta: 100.1 FM KMMR
- Plentywood: 100.1 FM KATQ