A grizzly bear died after eating pesticides in an open garage in north-central Montana. Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks officials say the adult female was seen in the area in recent days. The 143-pound grizzly died this week within hours of ingesting the chemicals.

Wildlife managers are trying to trap a second bear, which has been getting into pet food and spilled grain. The agency has received reports in recent weeks of grizzly bears on the plains east of the Rocky Mountain Front. People are advised to make sure any garbage, pet food, bird seed and other attractants are put away or cleaned up to prevent bears from being drawn to residences.

(The Associated Press Contributed To This Story)


More From KMMS-KPRK 1450 AM