Flood Advisory UPDATE
Snow continues to melt in Jefferson and Gallatin counties, creating flood opportunities. The Flood Advisory that has been in effect for many days continues through Monday morning.
According to the National Weather Service:
- Flood Advisory for snow melt in Jefferson County and Northern Gallatin County
- Until 930 AM Monday
- Emergency management reported that minor flooding continued at lower elevations in portions of Jefferson and northern Gallatin Counties.
- This is due to snow melt and recent rainfall being forced onto the road by clogged ditches and culverts.
- Standing water will also persist in many fields and low lying areas. In addition, travel will be difficult on unpaved roads.
- Increasing rain and snow showers over the weekend will likely continue the threat for additional flooding.
- Some locations that could experience flooding include, Boulder, Whitehall, Three Forks, Manhattan, Churchill, and Bozeman.