Dangerous Livingston Area Winds Continue Through Wednesday
Minimal snow but very gusty winds will continue on Bozeman Pass through Livingston and areas east. Although improving, I-90 crosswinds have been quite serious with gusts up to 70 mph.
According to the National Weather Service:
HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM WEDNESDAY
- WHAT...Dangerous southwest wind gusts of 65 to 75 mph.
- WHERE...Livingston Area and Beartooth Foothills.
- WHEN...Until 6 PM MST Wednesday.
- IMPACTS...Strong cross winds will make travel very difficult for all vehicles along I-90 from Springdale through Livingston, and on roads near Nye.
- SNOW SHOWERS...Periods of rain and snow showers will also roll through the area and reduce visibility at times. This will add to the difficulty in traveling, with reduced visibility, dangerous crosswinds and roads becoming wet or slick.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Very windy conditions will persist into the upcoming weekend. Gusty winds will peak between 45 and 55 mph Thursday into Friday. Then, be prepared for additional severe wind gusts nearing 75 mph again for Friday night through Saturday night.