Bozeman woman dies of carbon monoxide poisoning
A Bozeman woman has died from carbon monoxide poisoning after a car was accidentally left running in a garage attached to the residence.
The City of Bozeman says a second person was hospitalized. Their condition was not immediately available Monday.
Emergency crews responded to a report of a "strange odor" just after 11 a.m. Sunday and removed the women from the residence.
City officials say an elderly woman died at the scene. The investigation found carbon monoxide levels in the residence to be as high as 360 parts per million.
Federal regulators say levels of 50 parts per million can be dangerous.