ALERT: 18″ of Snow Possible by Sunday Night for High Elevations
The HIGHEST elevations of Gallatin, Beaverhead and Madison counties could get well over 18" of snow and wind chills of -10 this weekend.
According to the National Weather Service:
WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY MORNING THROUGH SUNDAY AFTERNOON ABOVE 6000 FEET...
- WHAT...Heavy snow possible above 6000 feet. Total snow accumulations of mostly 8 to 18 inches possible, but even higher amounts possible in the mountains.
- Lesser amounts of 2 to 6 inches possible below 6000 feet.
- North to northeast winds could gust between 25 and 35 mph at times.
- Cold wind chill temperatures of 10 to 20 degrees above zero are possible.
- WHERE...Elevations above 6000 feet in Beaverhead, Madison and Gallatin Counties.
- This does not include the cities of Bozeman, Ennis, and Dillon.
- WHEN...From Saturday morning through Sunday afternoon.
- IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult, especially over mountain passes. Patchy blowing snow could reduce visibility at times.
- This has the potential to be a significant early-season snow event for the mountains. Now is the time to prepare for the winter-like weather!