2019 Montana Pitmaster Classic: Everything You Need to Know
Friday and Saturday, August 23rd and 24th, Kenyon Noble in Bozeman will become the Montana BBQ capital with competition, parties, tastings, classes, and charity.
- WHEN: Friday and Saturday August 23rd and 24th, 2019
- WHERE: Kenyon Noble, Bozeman location (1243 West Oak Street)
- WHAT: 2019 Montana Pitmaster Classic
- FRIDAY NIGHT: BBQ and Blues Night 5pm - 8pm - Bring cash to buy BBQ chips, then taste award-winning barbeque dishes straight from the pitmasters on site.
- Food vendors cannot accept cash, so you'll buy the BBQ chips to be redeemed for food from the BBQ vendors.
- SATURDAY: 1pm - 4pm - Pitmaster BBQ Cook-Off (BBQ samples available while they last.)
- Doug Scheiding, Traeger Pro AND Rocket Scientist will be on-site sharing tips and tricks. Class happens from 1pm to 4pm.
- Professional and amateur contestants from the Northwest and Canada come to compete for the Montana State Championship of BBQ in the categories of chicken, pork ribs, pork and brisket.
- GRAND CHAMPION = $2,000 | RESERVE CHAMPION = $1,000
- CATEGORY PRIZES FROM 1ST - 8TH | $1,000 - $20
- OVERALL PRIZES FROM 3RD - 8TH | $500 - $50
- Bozeman’s BBQ & Blues Night People’s Choice Winner = $1,000
- KCBS (Kansas City Barbeque Society) sanctioned event
- Proceeds to benefit the Gallatin Valley YMCA