Mark Allen’s Tips For A Better Garage Sale
As I hope you've heard we are hosting a gigantic garage sale on Saturday May 18th, and we want you to be a part of it. And if you are planning on being in it, here are some of our family's garage sale pet peeves when we make our weekend rounds.
1. Not enough signage marking where your located..paper is cheap, put something on every corner so I can find you.
2. Having items not priced, that's just lazy. Mark everything you have, you don't need the little colored dots, write prices on a piece of masking tape I don't care, if I don't see a price, and your busy, I'm not gonna wait till you are available to ask how much something is. I'm out of there.
3. If you have a "Make offer" garage sale, then let us make an offer and take it, if you know what you want then mark it.
4. It's a garage sale, don't price your stuff so high. If I want to pay new prices then I'll go to the store. I don't care if something was $100 new, it's a garage sale, it's not gonna get new prices.
5. Don't put stuff out dirty, broken or ripped. Take time to clean stuff I don't want to buy your filth.
6. Don't lay stuff on the ground, rent tables.
7. Take stuff out of boxes, you are just being lazy, I don't want to dig through your stuff.
8. If you have clothes, size em and hang em up. I don't want to dig through piles.
9. If you want to have a successful sale, do the easy things that will make it a great experience and you will make more money. Believe me.
Be a part of ours...
Super Garage Sale Saturday May 18th, All of Bozeman, Sponsored by Cold Stone Creamery and Warriors and Quiet Waters