Townsquare Media is looking to fill these unique positions in Bozeman, MT
DIRECTOR OF SALES/DIGITAL SALES MANAGER
JOB SUMMARY: To manage and oversee the daily operations of the market radio and digital sales department. The successful Director of Sales/Digital Sales Manager will use independent judgment and discretion to develop strategies to attain broadcast & digital sales revenues and market share goals within the radio & digital market cluster. The DOS/DSM sets performance goals and regularly directs the sales team in achieving these goals through inventory management, account management, proper pricing strategies and serving customer needs. You will work to create unique & valuable cross-platform programs to generate results for clients & repeatable revenues. Digital initiatives include display, streaming, custom sites, loyalty programs, e-commerce, Seize The Deal, Townsquare Interactive & other digital products. Previous broadcast & digital sales management experience required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for DOS/DSM of Integrated Sales (on-air, on-line, on-site)
- Develops and implements strategic integrated sales plans to accommodate corporate, market and product goals.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance budgets and goals accordingly.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of department to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Recommends or approves budget, expenditures, and appropriations for the Sales/Digital Department.
- Prepare and monitor sales reports showing booked and projected revenues across all product lines.
- Direct market research and development.
- Continuously monitors inventory on all products and sets price schedules accordingly.
- Follow through with established accountability standards developed by corporate, the DOS/DSM and Market Manager.
- Directs recruiting, hiring, training, and performance evaluations of sales team members.
- Responsible for maximizing client revenue opportunities with on-going account list management.
- Weekly on-street presence meeting with key clients, assisting AE’s with presentations and in-field coaching.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
- Participating and being a key member of the leadership team.
- Creates a culture of teamwork, urgency, responsiveness and healthy competition.
The person hired for this position must have a thorough understanding of broadcast, event & digital ad products. Candidates must have prior experience selling broadcast, event & digital media and achieving overall revenue goals. This person will lead the local sales team in creating value & delivering results for our advertising partners while insuring a positive experience for consumers & overall brand. Five years of digital & overall sales experience and three years of sales management experience necessary.
It is preferred that current employees of Townsquare Media Broadcasting, LLC and affiliated companies have a minimum of six months of service in their present position, and a fully competent performance rating to be eligible to apply for this position.
CONTACT: Scott Souhrada, General Manager email@example.com
SALES ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS: As part of an on-going recruitment campaign for our radio and digital advertising sales team, we are looking for an Account Executive who has the ability and desire to make a lot of calls to businesses, create relationships with current and potential clients and create great on-going advertising campaigns. Candidates must demonstrate dependability, passion, strong communication and problem-solving skills. Business acumen, open-mindedness and a sense of what it takes to win are essential. Previous broadcast/digital sales experience a plus.
JOB SUMMARY: A Townsquare Media Account Executive is the primary contact to existing and prospective customers. You will develop business relationships; sell radio advertising, our digital portfolio of products, event sponsorships and sales promotion packages by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote and sell radio advertising, digital products, events and promotional programs to existing clients on your account list.
- Develop additional accounts by consistently cold-calling and creating relationships with new advertising customers
- The majority of your time will be spent on the street meeting, inquiring and crafting advertising programs for your clients, both new and existing.
- Prepares advertising schedules, promotional plans, sales literature, proposals and sales contracts.
- Responsible to accurately project revenues, meet and exceed monthly budgets for all product lines and overachieve annual budgets.
- Enters new customer data and other sales contract details for station clients into computer database.
- Follow accountabilities set forth by your Sales Manager to help guide you to success
- Investigates and resolves client issues.
Digital Managing Editor
Townsquare Media is looking to hire a Digital Managing Editor to oversee the editorial operations of the company’s local websites in Bozeman, MT including the creation of digital content that is vital for the local community, and the growth of the audience to that content.
Candidates must have at least 5 years of online editorial experience, and the ability to nurture a strong editorial voice. Exceptional writing and editing skills are a must. The person filling this role should understand what makes content on the web sticky, conversation-starting and good for SEO.
The job also requires the ability to focus under fast-paced pressure, and the capacity for managing multiple tasks at once. Great communication skills, attention to detail, and a sense of humor are all a must. Experience working with WordPress, HTML, Photoshop and video and familiarity with AP style are all a plus as well.
Key responsibilities include:
- Partner with teams of on-air talent to create compelling content for the community, including text, photo, video & interactive across the site, mobile and social media.
- Develop content based on audience demand & search data
- Top edit several posts and features a day
- Manage the calendar of content for the site
- Distribute the content across the web and grow the audience
- Monitor and analyze web statistics with the goal of improving performance
- Utilize best practices for Search Engine Optimization and Social Media to drive audience.
- Strategize ways to increase site audience & engagement
- Grow an Active Database for email, mobile and social media
- Ensure on-air promotions, contests, events, and activities are always synced with a web component.
Qualified candidates can send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Please include resume, cover letter and links to writing / editing clips with your application.
Townsquare Media Broadcasting, LLC maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal employment opportunity employer. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S.