MSU Commencement Ceremonies Saturday
As of Saturday afternoon there will be more than 2,000 collage graduates in the world. And while many may have employment fears, a new survey reveals 57 percent of employers say they plan to hire new college graduates this year.
Employers say they’ll offer these starting salaries:
- 26 percent say they’ll pay new graduates less than $30,000
- 30 percent, $30,000 to less than $40,000
- 20 percent, $40,000 to less than $50,000
- 24 percent, 50,000 and higher
But some employers complain that many Milleneals don’t have the soft skills they’re looking for. A recent survey shows that 77% of hiring managers believe communication skills are just as important as technical skills.
The five most valued soft skills that companies look for when evaluating prospects:
- Candidate has a strong work ethic (73 percent)
- Candidate is dependable (73 percent)
- Candidate has a positive attitude (72 percent)
- Candidate is self-motivated (66 percent)
- Candidate is team-oriented (60 percent)
GOOD LUCK soon to be Grads!