How To Be More Productive
Two radio shows, two web sites, teaching two adult ed. classes, weekly podcasting, and daily blogging keeps me pretty busy every week.
So I had to develop some ways to become more productive by either better time management or eliminating some activities.
Here are some things I do hourly, daily or weekly to get more done in the shortest time possible.
Be More Productive
- Sleep: Getting up at 4AM to do morning radio means going to bed about 8 PM if you want 7-8 hours of sleep each night. It’s very important to be awake and alert to tackle a full day.
- Exercise in the AM: No I don’t exercise before my 6AM show. I exercise right after the show for about an hour. Studies show exercise can improve your mood for up to 12 hours. The wife appreciates that too.
- Do The Bad Stuff First: If I don’t exercise in the morning it won’t get done. So do the bad stuff first and get it out of the way.
- Schedule Stuff: I used to be a big to-do list But the same stuff always stayed at the bottom of the list. So scheduling works much better. Prioritize.
- Breakfast: Yes, it is the most important meal of the day. Up at 4AM, eat a good healthy breakfast and then hit the station by 5.
- Two Minute Warning: Football has a two-minute warning before the end of each half. Teams have two-minute drills to move the ball quickly down the field and score. Any task that should take two minutes or less should be done immediately and get it off your list.
Some Final Thoughts
I’m sure you have some of your own tips that you use to make yourself more productive. If you have a good productive, or time saving tip, share it in the comments section below.