Great Falls’ Citizens Police Academy Begins March 6th
Know folks in Great Falls who would like to learn more about what the police department does and how they can get more involved? The Citizens Academy will be right up their alley. Details here:
Participation requires a commitment of one Wednesday evening per week to include graduation, plus one Saturday afternoon, for a total of 11 weeks. Participants will meet on Wednesday evenings, from 6:30 PM to aprx. 9:30 PM.
The Saturday afternoon session will be from 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM. In addition, at the participants’ option, ride-alongs with a patrol officer may be scheduled.
- Class #1 Intro/Chief’s Message
- Class #2 Records/ Dispatch/ Patrol Functions/ Support Services
- Class #3 Firearms Simulator/ K9/ DUI Fatal Vision Goggles
- Class #4 Use of Force/ Taser
- Class #5 Detectives
- Class #6 Street Crimes/ Gangs
- Class #7 High Risk unit (HRU)
- Class #8 Hot Stops/ Asp/ Pepper Spray/ Handcuffing
- Class #9 Sex Crimes & Crimes Against Children
- Class #10 Live Firearms Range- Saturday
- Class #11 Federal Judge/ Defense Attorney/ Probation/ Bonds
- Class #12 GRADUATION