Friday Random Fun Facts
Facts are facts, but they don’t always work well together. So every now and then we need a bunch of totally useless facts that will make you seem like a genius around the water cooler on Monday morning.
Time to ammo up with facts no one really cares about.
Friday Fun Random Facts
- Chicago Bulls basketball great Michael Jordon was fined $5,000 per game for wearing his signature “Air Jordon” shoes which didn’t meet NBA standards. For 83 regular season games that a cool $415,000 which might be a big deal unless you’re making $90 million a year like Jordan. Then it’s chump change.
- If you have a mustache than you might like to know that 162,719 pints of Guinness Beer are wasted each year by ending up in your mustache, not your tummy.
- Sad to say that US home ownership reached a 48-year low in 2015.
- Everyone remembers Jack Nicholson smashing through the door with an ax in The Shining and delivering his famous, “Here’s Johnny!” line. What you may not know is the scene took three days to film and they went through 60 doors.
- Who was the first sitting President to publish an academic paper? Our own President Barack Obama of course.
- The next time you’re examining fossilized hyena dung, keep an eye out for human hair. Some has been found dating humans anywhere from 195,000 to 257,000 years ago.
- That good night kiss is hard work. You’ll be using 34 facial muscles along with 112 postural muscles. Whew.
- The top portion of the Eiffel Tower was damaged when it was struck by lightning in 1902. The damaged top portion had to be reconstructed.
- The smallest number that can be divided exactly by each of the numbers between one and 10 is 2,520. Go ahead – try it. You’re not exactly working right now.
- Gmail addresses ignore punctuation. An email Mar.ilyn.Mon.firstname.lastname@example.org would still go to MarilynMonre@gmail.com. However, she might have a tough time reading it.
- The movie Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs cost $1.5 million to make. Disney borrowed a large part of the cost but three years later, after completion, it became the highest-grossing sound film of that era.
- Thankfully cooler heads prevailed when Walt Disney thought Mortimer Mouse would be a good name for you-know-who. Disney’s wife, Lillian convinced him to consider another name and Mickey Mouse was born.
- The murder of a woman just because of her gender is called femicide. Guatemala became the first country to recognize it as a crime in 2008.
Some Final Thoughts
Now you’re armed with mind-blowing facts that will make you the envy of your peers. Please don’t abuse this power.