Friday Fun Facts About Love
Love makes the world go ‘round. Love is a many splendored thing. Love me or leave me. The hit songs go on and on.
I think the old saying holds true, “It’s better to have loved and lost then never to have loved at all.” Here are some fun facts you might not know about love.
Fun Facts About Love
- You might sweat while making love, but did you know that sweat has been an active ingredient in perfumes and love potions for centuries.
- Aztec leader Montezuma was a chocoholic. He drank 50 cups of the “love drug” each day in order to keep his 600 wives happy.
- How many times will you fall in love before you find your perfect match? Experts say seven.
- “Frustration Attraction” is the action that makes you love the one who dumped you even more after the dumping. Fear of loss maybe??
- “I Lubhyati You?” Easier to say in English than Sanskrit. It translates to “I desire you.” The forerunner to “I Love You.”
- The only thing I remember from Latin Class in high school, “Ego Amo Te,” means I love you.
- Why do you wear an engagement ring on the fourth finger of your left hand?
- The ancient Greeks believed that finger contains the “vein of love” that goes straight to the heart.
- Want to be a hot woman? European males like women whose waist circumference is 70 percent of their hips. If your hips were 36” then your waist would be 25”. Think Audrey Hepburn, Venus de Milo, and (?) Twiggy? All three were 70 percent hips to waist ratio.
- Being in love is like using cocaine? When you fall in love the ventral tegmental area in the brain floods the caudate nucleus with dopamine. The caudate then signals for more dopamine and the more dopamine, the higher a person feels. I hope that’s clear.
- The look of love? When you look at your new love the neural circuits that produce our social judgments about someone are suppressed. In other words he can’t tell if that dress makes your butt look big. To him you look perfect.
- As you might suspect, the apple is the fruit of love. Not from the Garden of Eden but due to how long it stays ripe after being picked.
- Love Diet? If you can find and eat a four-leaf clover while thinking of the object of your affections the Irish believe that person will fall in love with you. Salad anyone?
Some Final Thoughts
“I just want to be friends.” “I think we should see other people.” “It’s not you it’s me.” Those are some of the most famous, “get out of my life” comments you will hear if you have ever been, or thought you were, in love.
None of us like rejection in any form but to be rejected by your true love is painful. Chalk it up to good experience and get right back on the horse. I truly believe there is someone for everyone so yours might be sitting right next to you.