Friday Fun Facts About Islam
There has been a lot of press lately about Islam, Muslims coming to America and the systems we will implement to safely vet them.
Here are a few facts that you might not know about the second largest religion in the world.
Fun Facts About Islam
- And mentioned above Islam is not only the second largest, but also the fastest growing religion in the world.
- Islam’s version of the Bible is the Qur’an that means “recitation” in Arabic.
- The number of people who claim Islam as their religious belief will equal those who follow Christianity by 2050.
- The Virgin Mary is mentioned more often in the Qur’an than in the entire New Testament in the Bible.
- If you happen to live in Saudi Arabia, UAE, Sudan, Brunei, Qatar and some other nations in the Middle East you can be put to death if you abandon Islam or convert to another religion.
- The Prophet Muhammad loved cats so Islam dictates you will too if you know what’s good for you.
- During WWII the Mosque of Paris helped Jews escape Germany and the Nazis by providing Muslim ID’s.
- During the Golden Age of Islam, scientists were paid on a level we reserve for pro athletes today.
- Next to Muhammad’s Tomb, Islam’s Prophet is an empty place. It’s said to be reserved for Jesus.
- In 2006, the FBI planted an informant posting as a radical Muslim in a mosque. The Muslims turned him in.
- If you are looking for the perfect gift this Christmas perhaps a Barbie-like Islamic doll called “Fulla” would fill the bill.
- During WWII many Muslims lost their lives saving Jews and fighting the Nazis.
- Indonesia is home to the largest population of Islamics.
- Eighty-four percent of people surveyed in Egypt favor the death penalty for abandoning Islam.
- When Vladimir The Great, Prince of Kiev, was deciding between Christianity or Islam he got baptized because Islam does not allow the use of alcohol.
- In 2001, Pope John Paul II entered and prayed in a mosque and even kissed the Qur’an hoping to improve relations with Islam.
Some Final Facts
Islam is a very strict religion. They are not very tolerant, in fact not tolerant at all, of gays.
Women are also second-class citizens with virtually no rights at all.
They have a caste system that means if you are born poor you stay poor. If you are born rich you stay rich.
Anyone ready to convert? Comments below.