31st Annual Bozeman Christmas Stroll
On Saturday, December 3rd from 4:30 to 7:30 PM join the Downtown Bozeman Association as we proudly present the 31st Annual Christmas Stroll in Historic Downtown Bozeman.
Come kick-off the Holiday Season in Downtown Bozeman!! Join us for fun activities, great food, and fun. Bring the whole family to ride on the hay wagons, get your picture taken with Santa Claus, watch the lighting ceremony of the downtown decorations, check out the gingerbread house contest entries, sing Christmas carols, grab a bite to eat from one of over 35 non-profit food vendors or do some Christmas gift shopping. The Christmas Stroll is the place to find it all!
- 4:30 PM Santa leaves the Emerson Center, meets the Hay Wagon at the intersection of Grand Avenue and Main Street, and leads the lighting ceremony down Main Street to Rouse Avenue
- *4:00 – 7:30 PM Hay Wagon rides from Soroptimist Park (corner of Main and Rouse) to the Bozeman Public Library and back. First ride at 4PM will leave from the Bozeman Public Library.
- 4:30 – 7:30 PM Main Street is filled with food vendors raising money for local non-profits organizations
- 4:30 -7:30 PM Downtown Businesses feature live music, free cocoa and cookies, and holiday fun of all sorts
- 4:30 to 7:30 PM Wells Fargo (211 West Main Street) is displaying the 2010 Gingerbread House Contest entries and winners
- 4:30 – 7:30 PM Stop by the Bridger Bowl booth (located in the Baxter Hotel 105 West Main Street) to learn about their new and great plans for this year’s ski season!
- 4:30 – 7:30 PM Visit the petting zoos with everything from alpacas, donkeys and pot-belly pigs on the corner of Rouse and Main Street!
- *5:00 – 7:30 PM Santa Pictures at the Baxter Hotel located at 105 West Main Street. Get one FREE picture through F-11 Photography
*Denotes activities that require a 2011 Stroll Button
The Christmas Stroll is a free community event that is 100% supported by our business sponsors and the sales of our timeless button souvenirs. You can support this great event by purchasing a $3 Stroll button, which is not only your ticket to enjoy many of the great activities including the Santa pictures at the Baxter Hotel, the hay wagon rides, kid’s activities throughout the day at the Emerson Cultural Center and the Bozeman Public Library and more, it also allows us to put on this great event every year without requiring an entry fee!
Buttons will be available after November 15th at the following locations:
- Owenhouse Ace Hardware
- First Security Bank
- Chalet Sports
- Schnee’s Boots and Shoes
- Van’s County Market
- Heeb’s Grocery
- Smith’s Supermarket
- The Emerson Cultural Center
- The Bozeman Public Library
- Montana Gift Corral
- Leaf and Bean
- Wild Joe’s Coffee
- Bozeman Chamber of Commerce
Also, when you purchase your Stroll button, fill out a ballot for a chance to win one of 6 Bridger Bowl ski tickets, 6 Museum of the Rockies combo passes, or 6 passes to Norris Hot Springs. The winners will be contacted the week following the event!
Along with all the fun activities listed below…our Hay Wagon rides are a great way to make timeless memories with family and friends at the Christmas Stroll. We could not bring you this incredible activity without the help of our generous Hay Wagon Sponsors, which are TBA. Look out for the event sponsor banners on the Hay Wagons as it parades down Main Street and takes tours throughout the event.
Finally, for a list of ALL 2011 Stroll activities and times, check out the Christmas Stroll Booklet, printed by and inserted into the Bozeman Daily Chronicle on Friday, December 2nd and available at the Downtown Visitor Center at 8 East Main Street, First Security Bank and other downtown business locations.
For more information about the 2011 Christmas Stroll, contact The Downtown Bozeman Association at 586-4008 or visit www.downtownbozeman.org.