Cold Quick Tips
These tips are not to diagnose, treat or cure; they are suggestions, informational tidbits, and practical ideas that have had a dang-good track record (some for more than 40 years!). Not everyone is able to afford a doctor's visit or miss work-days. These tips will save you money in the long run and could make you feel a lot better within 24 hours.For overall winter health: (You don't need to take all of them, just pick some good ones)
- Vitamin D-3 (Cholecalcipherol): take your body-weight times 35: this is how many IU's of Vitamin-D3 one should take minimally on a daily basis (definitely true for children). Adults may do very well on 6,000-10,000 IU's daily. I'll discuss the many benefits later.
- Vitamin C: take as much daily as you can handle for bowel-tolerance. for some people that is 4,000 mg, others can handle 12,000 mg. Once you get a loose stool take 1,000-2,000 less.
- Source Naturals' Wellness Formula: 2-3 tablets daily (this formula has been around for over 40 years)
- or Nature's Way System Well: this is an alternative to Wellness Formula, with more "updated" herbs and nutrients. Some claim it works better, others revert back to Wellness.
- Natural Immunogenics' Sovereign Silver (better than colloidal silver): 1 tsp-1 Tbsp once or twice daily. This product is anti-viral, anti-fungal, and anti-bacterial, meaning it will fight any infection.
- Monolaurin/Lauric Acid: great for fighting colds, lung infections, and feeling sick.
- Kyolic's Garlic Capsules: this is an extracted form, invented in 1952, which still has the most consistent health-benefiting success.
- Olive Leaf Extract: Anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial. Look for the amount of Oleuropein per capsule. You need between 210-240 mg of Oleuropein per day.
- Oil of Oregano: Immune enhancing, Candida-fighting, and protecting against different infections.
During the next few days I will discuss help in acute situations.