Brick Breeden Open House Wednesday
YOU are invited to help celebrate MSU’s newly renovated Brick Breeden Fieldhouse at an open house set for Wednesday, Aug. 20, from 6-7:30 p.m.
Individuals who attend will have the opportunity to view the Fieldhouse’s new $3.2 million upgrade, which includes a new running surface, upgraded seating, a new sound system and venue curtains. Complimentary Pepsi products and popcorn will be provided at the event.
The fieldhouse was originally built in 1956 at a cost of 1.6 million dollars. This would be 13.8 million dollars today.
The fieldhouse was last renovated in the late 1990’s and the projects included:
- New athletic offices and main offices for coaches
- A weight room addition and remodel
- A new main entrance on the south side of the building
- Locker room remodel
- New reception areas
- New Hall of Fame
- Major infrastructure improvements for the heating system, electrical distribution system and plumbing
- Seismic updates
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) updates, including the installation of an elevator from the main level to the mezzanine
- Replacement of all the seating, including the installation of some padded seats