Bozeman Christmas Stroll 2016 – Saturday December 3rd
Main Street in downtown Bozeman will be vehicle traffic free (except for Santa!) during this annual tradition of kicking off the holiday season, the Christmas Stroll! It's happening on Saturday Dec. 3, starting at 4:30 p.m.
(Please note that certain activities (*) require a "Christmas Stroll" button, available for $4 at downtown businesses. See below)
Below is a general schedule of Downtown Stroll activities:
- *4:00 PM - A ONE-WAY Hay Wagon Ride from the Bozeman Public Library to Rouse and Main Street.
- 4:00 to 7:30 PM - Sweet Pea Festival and First Security Bank host the 2016 Gingerbread House Contest entries and winners at the Jacob’s Crossing Lobby at 424 East Main Street.
- 4:30 PM - The Christmas Stroll Parade begins at the Emerson Center with the lighting of the tree on their north lawn. Then, Pat Busby “the 2016 Master of Ceremonies” leads the lighting ceremony down Main Street from Grand Avenue to Rouse Avenue along with the Chief Joseph Middle School Choir.
- 4:30 to 7:30 PM - Main Street is filled with over 30 food vendors raising money for local non-profits organizations, live music, carolers and other festive activities.
- 4:30 to 7:30 PM – Main Street is also filled with various event sponsor booths who are providing an array of holiday cheer!
- 4:30 to 7:30 PM - Downtown Businesses feature live music, free cocoa and cookies, and holiday fun.
- 4:30 to 7:30 PM - Visit Bridger Bowl located at South Bozeman Avenue to view ski films on a Big Inflatable Screen and to learn about what's new and what's planned for this year's ski season!
- *5:00 to 7:30 PM ONE-WAY Hay Wagon Rides at Soroptimist Park (corner of Main and Rouse) to the Bozeman Public Library. While waiting in line, enjoy complimentary “Hot Dr. Pepper” drinks provided by Lehrkind’s Coca Cola.
- *5:00 to 7:30 PM Santa Pictures by Muhlbradt Photography at the Baxter Hotel located at 105 West Main Street. Get one FREE picture through F-11 Photography
- *5:00 – 7:30PM Saxy Sounds performs traditional Holiday tunes in the Baxter Ballroom while Ted’s Montana Grill and the Motion Athletics Blaze All-Star Cheerleaders help kid’s decorate cookies and create holiday ornaments while waiting for the moment with Santa.
*Denotes activities that require a 2016 Stroll Button for ONLY $4!
The Hay Wagon rides will be leaving from 2 “stops” located at Soroptimist Park and The Bozeman Public Library throughout the evening.
Buttons are NOW available for purchase at the following locations:
· Owenhouse Ace Hardware
· First Security Bank
· Chalet Sports
· Schnee’s Boots and Shoes
· The Emerson Cultural Center
· The Bozeman Public Library
· Montana Gift Corral
· Bozeman Chamber of Commerce
· Country Bookshelf
· Townshend’s Teahouse
· ERA Landmark/Downtown Visitor Center
· Heeb’s Grocery
· Community Food Coop Downtown
· Smith’s Supermarket